Friday, June 29, 2007

Tour de Fleece

Having once decided to achieve a certain task, achieve it at all costs of tedium and distaste. The gain in self-confidence of having accomplished a tiresome labor is immense. Arnold Bennett

One should never try to understand ones self, you might be afraid of what you discover. I finally had to admit that I have to join things where I have to produce something in order to get things done. If I don't get it done I face judgement....well not really because the fiber community is very encouraging. I guess I feel I let someone down by not getting done what I promised even if they don't care I do.

So I joined yet another group. I joined the Tour de Fleece 2007 more info here.... http://keeponknittinginthefreeworld.blogspot.com/2007/06/tour-de-fleece-2007.html and at some point I will figure out how to get it on the sidebar.

I am trying to finish off Bozo's fleece as I will be getting back the Finn roving soon. I decided to make a sweater for me from it. I had spun up two bobbins and plied them and went running out with the yarn and the directions. I started a raglan sweater while my mother was getting her drip. I got two hours of guilt free knitting done. One problem....I washed the fleece twice and rinsed but he still has a lot of lanolin in him. And I hadn't washed it and set the twist after I plied it and before I started knitting. I am wondering if I should rewash the whole fleece before the 7th start date. I still have to card it all. I think I will ask at spinning. Speaking of which I am going to be late.

Wish me luck in finishing it.

No comments: