Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Alpaca

Knock Knock
Who's there
Alpaca !
Alpaca who ?
Alpaca the trunk, you pack the suitcase !

I would have alpaca-ed the trunk of my car full of fleece if I could have gotten away with it! My cousin bought four alpaca this fall and this is the first time she sheared them and today I went to watch.

I don't know the correct names of the colors but this is what she has...

She has the stud muffin (Abe) who is a beige or light tan
His mother and 1/2 sister (Sassy (cria)and Kimberlee) who is a dark fawn or light brown
and a gelding (Amigo) who is black.
It was hot and I am sure they appreciated the hair cut! I got home in time to take little man to the Dr....double ear infection, loosing tube in left ear and strep. When I got home there was one more surprise for the day...

Needless to say the rest of the tomatoes didn't get planted so I have to go plant them now before it gets to 90 degrees.











1 comment:

cyndy said...

Oh, I am so sorry that I missed out on the shearing day! They all look great!

Your little duckling is adorable!
and
Poor JT! OH NO!