Monday, April 16, 2007

Say it isn't SNOW!

When it rains... it floods!

Last night I innocently went to sleep, proud in the fact my basement wasn't wet. This morning reality slapped me upside my head with a 2x4! But after borrowing a huge pump from the local fire department and pumping it out, all seems well...a little muddy but well. The freezers with all the meat were set up on blocks just in case this happen (smart man)! We still need to test the man's generator and compressor and some wood we were going to use got wet but it could be ohhhhhh soooo much worse. So we will set up the torpedo heater and dry it all out.

Then the rain turned to snow for a while and the woods started to look like this...
and now it seems to have gone to a mix. I actually would prefer the snow as it takes time to melt. The rivers are all up and streams are appearing where there normally are none. The rivers are suppose to hit flood stage about noon today.

Of course even in the midst of lifes little adventures, you need to find something to laugh at... We drove up to a NPS guy sitting and monitoring the river and the man being the smart ass that he is very straight faced asked him how the trout were hitting. The guy laughed his butt off, said they were all hiding behind rocks!

And lest you think I have been doing nothing...childs ear flap hat, baby's cupcake hat (really awful picture) and bib overalls. The last two need finishing details.
and I am spinning up the rest of the two pounds of cormo. I should have that finished today.






2 comments:

cyndy said...

Glad to hear that your basement will be ok...
all of your fo's are adorable!
Love that cupcake hat!

Anonymous said...

I love the bib overalls. How cute. About time you updated your getting almost as bad as me just as I was improving. Hugs.