Saturday, April 21, 2007

Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,~Mr. Rogers

The temperature was perfect and we got alot accomplished so it was an extremely beautiful day.

This morning I woke up with a migraine but with the help of some Tylenol I was able to get the ducks pond dumped, scrubbed and refilled. While I was doing this the man was rototilling the greenhouse garden.

Then we left to take our one goat Snowflake to a new home. She is going to a camp until November. We also gave Farmer Dave two rabbits as youngest daughter found they are a lot of work. While there we helped him load the animals that are going to the camp and picked up some baby chicks.

We got 27 chicks, two dozen Cornish Roasters
to raise for the freezer and 3 Rhode Island Red for future eggs.

After getting them all situated the man decided he wanted to go fishing. My head was still throbbing but I didn’t want to just lay down and go to sleep so I joined him at his “secret spot”. He caught a trout on the second cast and another right before we left. I brought my knitting and finished the sleeves on the baby bolero.

We left for home as it was growing dark, dropped the fish off at a neighbors and got in just in time for NASCAR.

And now it is Good Night to a pretty productive day.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and you even had time for some much needed rest. Knitting by the river sounds blissful..(nice catch btw)
Do you know I took the same picture of the moon last night?