Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I am ALIVE!!!!!

I went to the doctor today and actually survived the experience! With some prompting from friends and family I decided I had better do this as I haven't been to a doctor since the last kid was born....10 years ago. I thought my blood pressure was going to be sky high from the stress of having to be there (hate drs..no offense to any) and it was excellent! Have a bunch of tests they want done so I guess I will be seeing more of them.

Now when I came home my bp did go sky high when I had to deal with no dsl on the new computer. After a lengthy conversation with individuals that can just barely speak English I now have internet but no firewall. Will have to call tomorrow and see if I can get one I understand and also try to take paid subscription from old computer and move to new one.
I lost internet before Christmas, got a new modem from my IP on 12/27 which worked for 4 hours. Sat on the phone with customer service they were of no help said it was a server problem/my computer...Bought new computer still no dsl...called customer service went thru 3 different techs still no dsl. Made an appt for line maintenance which they said must be the problem this was later cancelled by the IP as I bought a 50 ft phone cord and plugged it from their box directly into the modem. The $5.96 was much easier to deal with than $55/hour when I knew it wasn't my lines. They came yesterday with a laptop, gave me another new modem, hooked up the new computer..no dsl, hooked up old computer and it had dsl. Tech told me the new computer was a used one because it had spam and viruses and he had never seen a computer with Rhapsody and AOL Latino on it...NEWS ALERT all computers sold in the last three weeks have it. Also I did a virus/spam/adware scan and it was clean. So he is an arrogant ass and I had 790 emails since 12/28 all of which I deleted because I couldn't handle them all....sorry....email me again and I promise I won't earase it as long as my dsl comtinues to work!

But with the lack of internet came the extra time.....I knit the Garter Stitch Gloves,

a mobius scarf in seed stitch, and a pair of slipper socks. I also took the Branching Out Scarf which I had started ages ago and said there is no way I am going to finish this as a scarf so I knit one more repeat and the end and turned it into a headband/earwarmer whatever you want to call it...it is another FO. And I am presently knitting a pair of socks in fingerling weight wool and I am about to the toe decrease area on the first one.

Now moving on to the kitten....He has grown so much he can now wrestle alligators...He even does the death roll with them. Impressive isn't it?! It is his favorite toy along with a little mouse that squeaks when he moves it...the more he moves it the more it squeaks. Since the alligator is quieter it is my favorite toy for him! Still reminds me of Jess because he is sooooo ballsy! He walks right in front of the dogs with this swagger like "I dare you"

Speaking of Jess she will be home next month. Her friends that she was bunking with got transferred so for the time being she has her shack all to herself! She called saying that her time might be extended until October but I did read the email from the MG which stated that this was only a rumor and they would all be home in June as priorly stated. All I can say is Hoorah!!!!!

No comments: