Friday, January 27, 2006

Finding Time To Spin

I am trying to find time to spin but have to post so sister wont get ranty again...I am still walking a couple of days a week and I went in and had the blood work and mammogram done. I was walking in and I said "I am sooo looking forward to this" and the nurse said "it isn't as bad as you've heard unless you have small breasts" I started laughing and said "THAT is not something I have to worry about" So for once in my life I guess I am glad to be BIG breasted but now that it is over with I will go back to that "the grass is greener on the otherside of the fence" and wish for small ones.

The eagle's have returned. I saw 22 on the way into "town" and 23 on the way home. But along with the eagle's comes the eagle watchers, who like to stop on a blind turn with no hazards on and watch the bird sit there. When you get upset and beep the horn for them to move forward on the road or pull off they flip you off! #1 Son likes to harass them by not going around and forcing them to move on. He is so bad but so good at the same time.

And speaking of birds and sons, my little fledgling is moving out on Saturday and his girlfriend should arrive on Sun. We are helping them out a little getting all the immediate need things to get them on track and then the rest if up to them. I made up a whole bunch of soups and stocked them up with mac & cheese, oodles of noodles, frozen burrito's, cereal and cans of spaghetti sauce as neither of them are very good in the kitchen. I am making them a cookbook as my son didn't know that the neck and giblets were inside the chickens when you buy them! They also lucked out and got a nice futon, recliner and TV wall unit from friends.

Finally got a date....#1 daughter is leaving Irag on February 11th!!!! We are counting down the days. I got a letter from the FRG that said their tour should be over and them on home ground by June 26. That sounds so good. Their website has updated the newsletters and picture area for those of you who have the links. Mary talked me into going to a support group tonight. She has been on me since I lost it, I gave her a ton of excuses but she is picking me up at 7!

Little guy turns 10 early next week so we are just having a family party on Sunday so this will be a busy weekend. It won't leave me much time to spin and YES I got my wheel and I am loving it except I am not use to treadling with both feet and my left leg is not up to the rights standards. I did two bobbins of shetland and plied them. Of the two skeins I kool aid dyed one green and the other what is suppose to be purple but looks more like black cherry. Then I spun up some more camel to finish the shawl on the 6 foot loom. I was thinking of putting fringe on it so I left it on the loom but I then I got curious as to how it would be without it as far as length and popped it off. I like this size loom the best so far, which will make Curt happy!

Sorting thru the seed catalogs and hopefully will have an order ready by tonight.

No comments: