Monday, January 16, 2006

Healthy habits

I went walking today, the start of a good habit I am hoping. Carol and I froze our butts off at first, only the two of us would wait till the coldest day to start. I really did enjoy the walk and do feel better for it. Only thing is next time I have got to bring the camera. I could have had some really good pics of the ice laden branches by the river and a hawk that was on the look out for his breakfast.
Last night while watching the start of a new year of 24 I decided to put something on the 6 foot loom that Curt made me. During a braindead moment I started using 320 foot of camel that I spun thinking it would cover a loom that needed 282 yards. So away I am weaving and then when I am reaching about 1/2 way and watching the show....there's the end of the yarn. At first I am still braindead and think that I must have broken the yarn until the fog rises and I understand the enormity of my error. So on the agenda is to spin up more camel so I can finish this shawl. I hope I can replicate it since I spun this kind of slubby because my wheel was giving me problems.
#1 son has decided to spread his wings and is getting his own apartment. He's meeting the landlord tonight to exchange money/keys. I guess they will start the lease on February 1. I have misgivngs about this as I don't want him to get in over his head but then again he has got to learn budgeting which is not his strong point when with his friends. He says to save money he will drive home here for dinner every night.....his place is is 20 miles one way from here! Did I mention math was not his forte.
#1 daughter is coming home in February if all things work out like planned. Can't wait to see her but dread taking her back to the airport to send her back there for a couple of more months. The younger ones have plans for her already though to visit their classrooms/girl scouts/boy scouts. They will keep her busy if she can't find anything to do after being away for almost a year, 6 months of which was in a desert!
Now I am off to make appointments for blood work and mammo to complete the trend toward better health now that I admitted to myself I am getting old!

No comments: