Monday, March 19, 2012

Early Start


“If you start soon enough, you won’t have to run to catch up.”

Mother Nature has provided us with unusually warm Spring like weather.  So with that thought in mind we have started on the Spring to do list and boy have we been busy.  We purchased all the wood, insulation, shingles etc to put the dormers on the front of the house.  Now to just get everyone’s time schedules to sync together to get them done.  We installed all new kitchen cabinets, purchased all the parts needed for the riding lawnmower, cleaned up the back yard around the wood pile, overhauled the pantry shelves getting ready for this year’s canning, raked and burned off most of the garden, worked on emptying a shed we want to take down, worked on dismantling a barn that was on the property and had fallen over, got one load of manure on the garden and the list goes on and on.

The poor man is exhausted since he also works from 6-5 M-F and 6-noon on Saturdays.  We both know the sheep need shearing but neither one of us has mentioned it. He has titanium rods in his back so it is not one of his favorite chores. I have everything ready to start the seeds, cell packs all washed, soil mixed, but that too has been pushed aside while I stained the cabinets, sanded and poly-ed them.  Now I am working on redoing a dresser for #2 daughters room. 

We did take a break this weekend when #1, Sir T and Baby O came up for St. Patrick’s Day.  He is 10 months now and boy has he grown and he is walking!  I said it before and I will say it again…being a parent was great but being a grandparent surpasses it.

Today I should be working on the dresser or starting seeds but #2 son is home.  I need to make a Dr’s appt.  I think it is allergies and he thinks it is bronchitis.  Either way he sounds horrible.  Maybe they will change his allergy meds which don’t seem to be working this year.  While everyone else is enjoying the warm weather, listening to the peepers, seeing the grass slowly turn green…he is sneezing, hacking and complaining!

This warm weather may turn around and bite us in the butt so I am going to enjoy it while I can.  I worry about the fruit trees and the frog eggs in the pond 



if it should return to normal temps but I am not looking forward to mowing grass just yet…and snakes of which I have already seen enough!


1 comment:

Linda said...

Holy cow, Judy! You're gonna wear yourself out before Spring is in full swing! Wow. And I thought I was doing great by starting Spring cleaning yesterday! With plans for the rest of the week. Yep, we too have been blessed with great weather, but sliding back to the 50's starting tomorrow -- with rain for the rest of the week. Have a great week and weekend; sure hope #2 son gets some relief.