Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Be like a postage stamp

“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.” ~Josh Billings

Every once in a while I find a project that I just fall in love with and will work on until it is done.  Such is the case with Saroyan.  Sunday night I was perusing Ravelry trying to find something that would strike my interest since I have not been knitting in a while.  I printed out the pattern for Saroyan and went to bed.  Monday I went to find some yarn which I could play with.  I saw this green and decided that was the color it was going to be eventhough it is acrylic and not wool.  I don't know if that will effect it in the end.

The pattern is quick and easy. 

Without sticking to it like a postage stamp, I am still 1/2 way done.  Love it!!!

And a quick peak at some more spinning-black Finn. Terrible pic but I was too lazy to get up and take a better one!


And for those who would rather see flowers....
Now the kids will be gone for another hour so I am going back to knitting. Hope you find something that holds your attention like this has mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The edging on that shawl is gorgeous, and considering those lovely leaves, I think the green is perfect for it too. :P

The flowers are lovely, and you vegetable garden is AMAZING!!! And here I am thrilled to death that my 10 little tomato plants actually have baby tomatoes on them. :)

Have a great 4th. :)