Thursday, March 15, 2007

Beware the Ides of March

Caesar: Who is it in the press that calls on me?
I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak. Caesar is turn'd to hear.
Soothsayer: Beware the ides of March.

Seeing as how Julius Caesar was assassinated that day I guess he had cause to beware, but from what I have read we don’t. The ides simply means to divide, as in the month in half.

Or maybe we do have to beware because I have also been reading this...ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 6 INCHES BY NIGHTFALL ON FRIDAY...WITH STORM TOTALS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES BY THE TIME THE SNOWTAPERS OFF.

This A.M. I heard 2-5 inches, then 2-7 inches and on the way home I heard depending on how slow it goes thru we could have accumulations of 16 inches.

But I am going to ignore the above and just think of the goldfinch I had at my feeder today, the red winged blackbirds at my mom's feeeder and this in her back yard....
So I can live with one last push from Old Man Winter because I know his time is almost done!
The sweater is not done yet but will be tomorrow, I am going to crochet around it as I can do that faster.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

The sweater looks beautiful! And it is soooo soft!

I thought of you this morning when I went for the bionoc's to get a look at a bird in a tree that was all puffed up and miserable...only to see a robin! I think he would rather have a green lawn to bob along on .....