Friday, May 12, 2006

Need to Frog



I gave in and paid for the Rowan book so I could get the pattern I wanted. But I didn't buy the Rowan glimmer yarn. I bought my yarn off of ebay, it is a bulky cotton like I need. I started the project and just kept going with it. I got to row 27 and went back to read directions....I had decreases starting back on row 16. I need to frog it but haven't done it yet as I am mad at myself for not paying attention.

I have been spinning the finn/alpaca I got from Grace and it is the thinnest I have ever spun. I can't wait to finish a bobbin so I can ply it and find out what my wpi are.

I didn't make it to MD S&W but family members did and I had them make purchases for me. I got two pounds of Cormo roving from Foxhill Farm (I LOVE this stuff) and I got a jacob fleece from Swayze Inn Farm. The cormo I'm keeping but the jacob fleece I gave away to a friend. I will have to buy myself one when I work through some of what I have because it was beautiful.

Cyndy's husband is still in ICU but everyday is getting better. They have a long haul and lot's of work in front of them but they have lot's of people waiting here in town ready to help whenever, doing whatever they may need help with when they get back home.

We got some rain last night...first rain in over two weeks. The tree's and garden are going to go nuts!!! The next week is suppose to bring showers almost everyday! I have broccoli that needs to go in and I want to plant Cyndy's tomato plants for her. My tomatoes aren't big enough to go in yet, she got a head start on her's.

Now I am off to the firehouse to help set up for a Mother's Day Breakfast they do. Just in case I don't get in front of the computer again before than I wish everyone A Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: