Friday, May 27, 2011

Somebody is awfully cranky!

"You know, your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash." Isabella Swan (Twilight)


Mood swings, bipolar tendencies, what ever you want to call it, Mother Nature has had a bad case of it.  We went from below normal temperatures to weeks of rain.  Now we are in the heat and thunderstorm mode.  Some places had severe damage and tornado's but we have been lucky and haven't even lost electric.




You have to squeeze in any yard/garden work between the rain.  I was able to weed the little I had planted.  Grass got cut on high while it was still wet just so we didn't have to walk through a jungle.  Flowers are blooming but don't last long before their petals are beaten off the stems with the next down pour.  The garden is still not planted but that might turn out to be a good thing right now.  I was out there and the potato bugs are crawling all over the weeds since there favorite food is unavailable to them.  I will wait until they go through this cycle and then plant....weather permitting of course. 


I have managed to pick some rhubarb, asparagus and lettuce.  It will be a long time before the first ripe tomato or ear of corn.  


I have one sleeve to knit on nephews sweater and then that is done.  He is very impatient and said he will wear it even though it is hot out.  I have knit some dishclothes and finished a baby dress just to break up the monotony.  I had shipped some wool out for processing and that should arrive tomorrow but I will be too busy to even admire it because the grandbaby is coming for a visit....along with #1 and Sir T.  


So it can rain, hail, thunder and lightning because I will be inside enchanted by the little guy.  Other than dinner at the local VFW nothing is planned until after they leave Monday night.  Then it is back to work.  I hope you all have a safe  Memorial Day weekend.


And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me. -Lee Greenwood



2 comments:

Linda said...

Yep, same weather here. It can really get you down. Here's hoping for better days - and soon! Have a great weekend with the family no matter what Mother Nature has in mind!

cyndy said...

You have really captured the weather in your photo! gorgeous photo!

Enjoy you visit with the family! Pinch the baby for me :-)