Saturday, July 10, 2010

Julia Child I am Not

You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients. ~ Julia Child

While I in no way, shape or form cook anything remotely close to Julia Child I do love me some fresh picked right out of the garden food.

The kids are gone this weekend and the garden started to shine.  The man and I cooked dinner together which hasn't happened in a long time.  We ended up with freshly dug baby potatoes, our freshly picked cumcumbers sliced with sour cream and dill, our freshly picked green and wax beans, our freshly picked and then fried zucchini  with homemade peppercorn ranch dressing and pork from last falls pig. The only thing we didn't produce was the flour, mayonaisse, peppercorns and sour cream.
By the time I was done eating the vegetables I was too stuffed to eat the meat.  Even the man, a diehard carnivore, finished his veges before his meat!

It was no culinary masterpiece and was far from healthy with the dressings and frying but it was utterly delicious.  I look forward to many weeks of fresh vege's on my plate...and even more so to a freshly picked tomato sandwich.  Patience is a virtue, my mother always said.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness!! This looks fantastic! I can almost taste and smell your wonderful meal. Julia Child would be proud! Looks like a very productive summer garden.