Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Blues


Maxine says it best!I saw that and just knew what she meant. We are feeling kinda blue today because my computer's DVD writer/CD writer is not working. So I called Compaq, as it is only 8 months old, and ask them if they could get this working for me. So I did this and that like they said and nothing worked. Then they offered me an extended warranty for two more years, "special price just for you" for only $129.00 "that's one-two-nine". I say no thanks lets just fix what is broken now and so they tell me I have to do a complete system recovery and bring my computer back to "just like day you bought it". I said that means I lose all my pictures (LOTS), documents (lots), favorties, and address, right. "Yup, just like day you bought it". I said I don't want to lose all that. She says to "take to company and have them make back up for you". I said "I have to drive a 60 mile round trip and pay someone to backup my files and then what" She said "then we do system recovery and bring it back to just like day you bought it" To which I ask "Then it will be fixed"? To which she replied that if that didn't fix it they would give me a new DVD writer. I said why can't they just give it to me so I am not inconvenienced because they have a shitty product. She puts me on hold and then says "my senior technician told me you have to do system recovery to get new DVD writer"
By this point I am now seeing red. Now I am sorry, this product was $1500 of my money, it is only eight months old and I barely ever use the drive. It is still under warranty, but unless I spend my time and money or unless I am willing to lose all my informtion I can't get it fixed under the warranty!!! So you ask how did this end....Well at this very moment they are putting gi-normous red lettering ...Psyco Bitch, talk to with caution!!! all over my file.
So I call the closest computer place and ask how much for a backup....$66.99. So I have to pay $66.99 or lose my info to get this fixed under warranty. And what are they going to repair it with ...someone else's repaired piece of sh*t. Oh and here is the catcher, I look up Lite-On DVD writer/CD writer combo (which is what is in my computer now) at http://www.bizrate.com and I can get one *new* for $35.00.....Hmmmmm what is wrong here? I think I will just buy an external one and write a nice long letter in English and hope they understand they are all a**holes! No wonder they offer you the extended warranty mid-stream. If you wait to the end and find out the one you have is worthless who would extend it.

No comments: