Monday, August 28, 2006

The Wee Aran Knit


I FINISHED IT!!!! I am really excited about this as it is the first sweater I have ever done. Yes I know it is small but you have to start some where. It took about ten days of knitting here and there. I thought I might set it aside if the cables got to be a pain but there was just enough to keep me wanting to get to the next X or the next O finished.

I finished knitting it last night and today after the little man's doctor's appointment I kitchnered the underarms and tied in the ends. I didn't do it the way it is suppose to be done because I got to the short row wraps and my eyes glazed over and my head began to spin. I asked my mother and Cyndy and they couldn't help and I don't know any one else other than those two that would know how to do it. So being me (ever so slightly impatient) I knew it had to be decreased so I started decreasing the double seed stitch area's during the last 3 decreases (Row 23, 35, & 27 I think) and then decreased evenly some more on the purl round and then did the rows of ribbing. Will it fit? I don't know I don't have anyone to try it on. I kept saying I am knitting it for my grandson. I don't have grandkids and my older children didn't get the hint as they don't want kids now and the younger one's are too young.

Little man has bronchitis and his doctor said I should go see mine because it sounds like I have it also...and here I thought it was just allergies. So he is on meds to get better before he has to have his tubes done otherwise we have to reschedule that.

#1 daughter has decided (after one day) that nowshe doesn't want to go to college...after everything we did to get her in last minute...zippppp That was me zipping my mouth shut. I am making her up soups to freeze for her new apartment so she doesn't starve or go in debt to the fast food places. What I am really doing it is expending all that mouth energy that I am keeping zipped up in the kitchen. I got chili and chicken tortellini soup done so far and I am starting the stuffed green pepper soup now. She called last night with requests for jars of salsa, pickles, jelly and jams. I guess I was delusional when I thought it got easier when they got older.

1 comment:

finnsheep said...

Awesome sweater! You have to show me how to do short rows. They are supposed to be terrific for socks.