Thursday, August 17, 2006

Canning Season

Canning season is here... We did two batches of Onion Reilish on Monday, did 22 pints of grape jelly and did all the chopping for two batches of pickle relish on Tuesday, Mom did the last two batches of grape jelly and two batches of Bread and Butter pickles Wednesday morning while I was picking blackberries and then we finished the Pickle Relish which was soaking for 24 hours.
We are freezing the blackberries and we will do them all at once when we feel like it!
Took little man to the Ear Nose and Throat Dr yesterday and his one tube is falling out so they are going to remove it and insert another. He is happy because they scheduled this for the day after school starts so he will miss the second day of school.
I finished the little afghan I was making #2 daughter and I am starting the Wee Aran Project found here.... http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/knit/ck-patterns/wee.aran/ This will be the first sweater I have ever done so wish me luck. I don't have anyone in mind for this except some future grandchild maybe but I know I would never finish a large version. I will get a picture of the progress next post. I also finished one of a pair of mittens for a child, possible Christmas present we shall see.
Tonight we have soccer practice and a friend and her two girls are coming over. We plan to camp out in the field. Campfire and smores here we come.

No comments: