Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pandora's Box


Seems I opened Pandora's Box by going to the Dr. in Januray. After being diagnosed as all is good in my world, I ended up sick this past week.

Tuesday I woke up with a back ache took some Tylenol and went to the eye doctor in this years endless quest to be healthy. Eye doctor wasn't as bad as the doctor as I had only put him off for 4 years! Seems my prescription got better though so she is not complaining. By the time I got home I had the chills and then couldn't cool down. Went to make bows for Jessica's homecoming and by the time I got home I had no thoughts other than bed.

Woke up Wednesday and made an appointment and was told it is diverticulitis, ulcer, or colitis. Ended up in the hospital that night but was released in the wee hours of the morn. Woke up Thursday morning to kiss the kids good bye and slept the whole day. On a daily regimen of 2500 mg of antibiotics.

By Friday I was feeling better and able to start eating semi solid foods. And then came Saturday...I over did it by trying to do Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday's work in one day. Sunday came and I am down again. Just woke up and I although I am feeling better I will NOT try doing a Saturday any time soon.

Needless to say my personal olympic challenge has not happen sofar. I have not spun, knit or read since Monday. I have no ambition to do so. Adding to this is the fact that #1 daughter has not called to say if she left Iraq yet. She was due to leave yesterday. I will be there to pick her up from the airport even if they roll they have to roll me in on a gurney.

No comments: