Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Ending



“There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part,
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.”
~ Shel Silverstein

Winter has ended…happy or sad…it is over with and Spring is starting.  I wasn’t sure it was coming this year so I knit myself three more pair of mittens. At the rate we are going, I might still need them!  I also knit myself another pair of socks 



and some more dishcloths.



And what else is happening in the neighborhood?

#1 daughter, Sir T and the grandsons came up last weekend.  We (as in I am trying to convince them) are discussing Toddler O coming up and staying for a week in June…and a week in July and August , if all goes well and those darn parental units don’t miss him!

Today while walking to the barn a flock of geese flew over.
The bird song is getting louder.  I guess they are getting twitterpated (Bambi)

The deer are finally able to find food since the snow is melting.

My daffodils are coming up and a friend’s rhubarb is coming up.  Mine is still snow covered.

I cut down all the old blackberry canes.  I seeded four trays with tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, basil and parsley.

Looking toward shearing I bundled up what I had here and took it too a LOCAL!!!!! mill.  I am having some made into worsted weight yarn, some into fingering and the rest into bumps of roving.  I want to see how it all comes out.  She has been working on a lot of alpaca and is looking forward to working on some sheep.  It should be ready by the beginning of May.  I hope it all comes out nice as it is easier driving a short distance than packing it all up and finding boxes, loading it into the car (when I get to borrow it from my children) and shipping it out.  Yes I have a drum carder but there is not enough time to do barn things, house things, garden things, canning things, knitting things, spinning things and wash/card all those fleece.

I bought ten baby chicks to assist my aging flock…and an incubator to hatch out some of my own eggs to grow to fill my freezer.

#2 daughter is taking CNA classes and did her residency at an area nursing home.  They rate her on the care she gives and how she performs her job, feeding, bathing and dressing the residents, monitoring their food intake and any sores etc. and she scored a 96!  She went back Friday on her own to visit some of the residents that she worked on and found out that two had died since she left.  She took it pretty hard but is still determined to finish.  She takes her state exam on April 1.

And that about sums it all up.  Looking forward to warmer weather and mud season but fully understanding where I live there might be some more snow before Old Man Winter gives up.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like you're on your way to Spring, big time! Hope you post pics of the fiber and yarn when it comes back. Good luck to your daughter with her State test. My d-i-l takes her RN boards on April 9; I know she's a nervous wreck! Here's wishing you no more snow and daffodils galore. Have a great weekend!