Monday, February 02, 2009

Hear Ye Hear Ye

"On Gobbler's Knob this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2009
Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators
Awoke to the call of President Bill Cooper
And greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths
After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil proclaimed that his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers were World Champions one more time
And a bright sky above me
Showed my shadow beside me.
So 6 more weeks of winter it will be." Groundhg.org

Ironically after a day of melting ice and predictions of above normal temps which would lead one to think of Spring, the groundhog tells us hold those thoughts. Then just when I had resigned myself to a storm with the intensity to drop another foot of snow I found out it was just giving us a dusting..
As much as I would like the warmer temps that usher in Spring, I am not ready to get off my duff and get back to work. I am enjoying my days spent hauling up wood and telling time by the turkeys walking through the yard. About eight a.m. they are below the feeders, scratching for the birds droppings while the squirrels complain and before 5 p.m. you can look up into the woods and see them flying up into the trees to roost.

And measuring the days by the projects finished. I did two neckwarmers,one sock and started a capelet my sister wants for her MIL. I have also been sucked into reading the Twilight series with #2 daughter. I am waiting on her to finish the third book by reading Brisingr. I have a stack of books that my sister said were good reads but the man found the right size allen key to tighten up my wheel so the books might get put on the back burner.
I am content that the temps are getting higher and the days longer. The plans are in motion, the seeds are coming in and until things can be implemented I will knit, spin and read.

No comments: