Friday, July 15, 2005

Schnookums

Many years ago (12) we got a cat who we were told was at least 2 years old. My daughter Jessica did everything to this cat. She painted the white on his head purple with magic marker. She pushed on it's pads until the nails came out and put nail polish on them. She dressed the cat up as a baby doll. She gave the cat a bath all the time. She would walk to her grandmother's with the cat inside her jacket. I made the cat it's own Christmas stocking with a picture of him painted on it with a plaid ribbon and bell around it's neck. Schnooks would find wherever you hid the catnip and break the bag open and roll in it. She would meow until she got her way (very annoying). This cat was the BEST. Well...on Tuesday sadly, we had to put her to sleep. It was not a decision I came to quickly. I have been putting it off but she was getting real bad and I didn't want her to suffer. In May while Jess was in training I had told her that the cat was getting old and may not last long. She didn't want to hear it. Now Jess is in Iraq and when she called today I didn't tell. I took the chickens way out and said if she asks I will tell her and she didn't ask this time. I feel bad but I want her mind there right now not on the cat. The younger kids saw how bad she was and although they were upset they knew it was for the best. Jess however will be devastated.
When I went to the neighbor's to give them the food and litter that I had left I saw a kitten that looked just like Schnookums but long haired. I was tempted but don't want to replace her this soon. I will let the younger ones decide if we should have another and when.
On brighter notes the fair is this weekend and I will be busy working it everyday. I frogged the sock again. The mock smocking didn't allow it to stretch enough to go over the heel. Did the potato chip scarf and started the branching out from http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATT
branchingout.html. Won't have time for anything until about Wednesday of next week. Till then keep cool!!! Hahahahahaha that's a joke around here!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your puss. I just lost my Ktty too. it sucks. We have two new kittens as I have two little girls but I still miss my little fluffy kitty!