Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Another thing to do

Cyndi said I should start this bog to keep track of what I am doing. I am wondering if she was implying because I turned 40 I would start forgetting. Jokes on her my memory was shot years ago!!! So anyhow, I didn't want to do this but had to start an account to join a knitalong. I am teaching myself to knit. Last year I learned how to spin and triloom so this was the next step. My sister is pry laughing as the joke is I am Mother Earth. Her and my mother think it is funny that all the things that we did or that mom tried to teach us and we didn't want to learn are all the things that I am trying to do now. Hated the farm as a kid as it cut into personal time but in 2004 I bought two pigs which are now in the freezer, 25 chickens- 10 of which are in the freezer, 2 turkeys- one of which is in the freezer the other was Thanksgiving dinner, ducks still quacking and a black angus which will be in the freezer this fall. Stopped by mom's to tell her my 12 chickens laid 10 eggs in one day and she just looked at me like I was nuts. I was excited- that is my best day so far. So I am the butt of their joke but I am having fun so all I can say is ...live and learn.

1 comment:

cyndy said...

Hey! Great to see you in the bloggersphere! Your IHS is looking fine...will you be finished by the end of the month?